Wednesday 17 March 2010

Methotrexate Diaries I

Methotrexate, Day 1

Well, it's actually Day 2 now. I started taking methotrexate yesterday, and thought about keeping a diary of the journey. Oh all right, it's not a journey, it's just a bunch of stuff that happened [H Simpson].

So, despite my conviction that I was seconds away from a fatal seizure all day, it never happened. Every twinge, every little ache, had me thinking "is this it?". And they say men can handle illness. Pshaw. I really need to wiki "fatal seizure" to make my feigning more convincing.

But, onwards for now. As I sais, it's Day 2, and it's a folic acid day. Now, on the one hand, I'm scared shitless of the side effects of methotrexate. So much so that I can't bring myself to read the rest of the leaflet and not sure that I ever will. More about that later. But on the other hand, I'm supposed to take folic acid on the days where I'm not taking methotrexate, and I know the consultant told me why and what for, but with the influx of information at the time, I for the life of me can't remember. So, I'm nicely parenthesised by my own ignorance. How refreshing.



No comments: